Friday, September 11, 2009

Touchy? Feely? Read on!



5 SCHOOL-RELATED THINGS FOR WHICH TO BE GRATEFUL:

1. I survived the first week with only one relatively minor melt-down.

2. A girl I had last year in a reading intervention group (this girl was initially so angry to be in the group that she used to throw pencils at me) gave me a hug when she saw me today and is very excited to start up again and to keep improving her skills.

3. The shiny new school building seems to have lifted everyone's spirits.

4. I was (FINALLY!) able to incorporate Powerpoint presentations into my lessons now that I have the technology to do so.

5. The school principal has been smiling a lot. Also, she went out of her way to save and return to me the hundred-year old spider plant that I absentmindedly left in the old school building over the summer.

Pretty neat...pretty sweet...