Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lordy, lordy...


Lordy, lordy. Going complaint-blame-whine-free is so hard.

I've been in and out of school for weeks getting my classroom ready, engaging in various forms of professional development, and serving on committees, etc. I have to admit, again, that I'm really doing a poor job of committing to the contract I've made with myself. Over the last two days, I was presented with two major opportunities for me to exercise my new way of doing things and I blew it. Looking on the bright side, however, I was able to see quite clearly how I currently relate to my job: I REACT! So maybe these "opportunities" and my panic-stricken reactions to them were a sort of gift - The gift of clarity.

Forgive thyself and start again.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...Chug, Chug, Chug...