Sunday, January 13, 2013

Well, hello...

I've been away for a awhile. Three years and three months to be (almost) exact.  In that time I have switched districts, schools, and grade levels, acquired my CAGS in reading, written a first draft of a very bad young adult novel, and auditioned for and was cast in a local theatre production of Jesus Christ Superstar (I'm one of the leads! Hurrah!).

I guess I'm one of those people who craves movement and change.  I love to learn and better myself which is exactly why I'm coming back to this blog.  In teaching, it's so easy to get stuck underneath all of the paperwork and bureaucracy and I very quickly get overwhelmed and panicked, forgetting the joy and creativity that is possible in the classroom.  Teaching is a great and important profession that is unfortunately often under attack, so sometimes teachers lose track and begin operating out of fear rather than the passion that we started with at the beginning of our careers.  I'd like to start using this blog as a way to pull myself up out of that fog, reflect on what I'm dong in the classroom, and generate new ideas for teaching.

There you have it.  I'm back.  BOOM!